|What You Will Learn
- Learn key business acumen skills, behaviors and competencies.
- Understand, evaluate, and articulate the relationship between compensation and business outcomes.
- Grasp essential financial concepts, such as common profit measures and metrics.
- See your business operations through the prisms of competitive strategies, market position, allowances, and business life cycles.
- Evaluate your business on key performance indicators and see tools and approaches for evaluation.
- See the relationship between the compensation plan and the organization’s bottom line.
- Boost your communication skills and learn to engage in discussions with peers from other business areas.
|Who Will Benefit from This Course?
This course is ideal for HR and compensation professionals who want to boost their business acumen.
Boost your business acumen, gain the skills essential for strong decision-making and move your performance and career forward with the skills acquired in this course.
You will gain a broader perspective on your company’s operations, learn key finance concepts, see the nuances of how the business works internally and externally, and spot trends that shape future success.
|Introduction to Business Acumen
- What is acumen?
- Key competencies for compensation professionals
- Business acumen skills and behaviors
- The importance of business acumen
- Business acumen for the compensation professional
- Strengthening your business acumen —checklist
Business Basics: Purpose, Strategy, Position
- Why organizations are in business
- Competitive strategy
- Market position
- Business lifecycle
- Linking the business strategy and the compensation strategy
- Business basics —checklist
- Why organizations use financial reports
- Types of financial reports
- Proxy and Definitive 14A
- Types of financial statements
- Sources of capital
- Market metrics
Financial Concepts and
- Evaluating the organization’s financial state
- Forecasting questions
- Business analytics
- Strategic analysis
- Data analysis
- Key performance indicators
- Other performance metrics
- Alignment of the compensation strategy
- Qualitative and quantitative data