|What You Will Learn
- Learn why companies globalize and how HR can support this decision.
- Learn to develop effective compensation, benefits and well-being programs in complex multi-national organizations.
- Identify benefits in different regions that may help you develop a global benefits strategy.
- Explore how well-being, recognition, and career development can be leveraged to attract, motivate and retain employees.
- Identify the challenges of managing international assignments and learn approaches for developing solutions.
- Understand internal and external influences that affect global rewards design and delivery.
- Know the key factors related to successful cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
|Who Will Benefit from This Course?
This course is for HR professionals who want to attain broader knowledge of global remuneration policies and practices.
Senior and people leaders who lead geographically dispersed teams or expat employees can also benefit and will gain a foundation that will help them reward and motivate their teams.
This course will help you understand how to develop effective total rewards programs for organizations with a globally dispersed workforce. With a focus on aligning to human capital strategic plans, you will learn leading-edge remuneration solutions, the factors that impact mobility decisions, and techniques to pay your workforce equitably. This course enables you fully optimize the design of your total rewards programs to attract and retain top performers all over the world.
|Globalization and Total Rewards
- The global business environment
- Total Rewards
Influences on Reward Systems
- Influences on Total Rewards
- The impact of culture and other influences
- Rewards planning
- Global practices
Global Compensation Practices
- Elements and factors to consider in compensation/ rewards
- Base pay delivery
- Variable pay delivery
- Executive compensation
- Effective global practices
- Compensation challenges
|Global Benefits Practices
- Influences on global benefits
- Global benefits strategy
- Statutory and nonstatutory benefits
- Cost of nonstatutory benefit programs
- Elements of benefits
- Social security
- Health care benefits
- Funding health and welfare benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Retirement benefit plans
- Other benefits
- Selection of benefits service providers
Performance and Talent
- Rewards in the global workplace
- Global performance management
- Talent development
- Impact on total remuneration
|Managing International Assignments
- Evolution of international assignments
- International assignments
- Compensation systems
- Retirement issues
- Other issues
Cross-Border Mergers and
- Definitions of key terms
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- The role of human resources
- The importance of culture
- Other global M&A issues
- Successful cross-border mergers and acquisitions